Welcome to Social Welfare Student Services
Our team of dedicated academic advising and student services professionals is excited to help you navigate your academic and student life experience at Berkeley Social Welfare! We are located in 101 Haviland Hall.
Advising and Student Services Contacts
The best way to connect with an advisor is to send us an email:
|BASW (Undergraduate Major)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Graduate Admissions Officeemail@example.com|
|MSW Concurrent Degrees (MSW/JD, MSW/MPH, MSW/MPP)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|MSW Field Educationemail@example.com or contact your assigned Field Consultant|
|MSW PPSC (School Social Work)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Our Advising Mission Statement
The Berkeley Social Welfare Student Services Team provides strength-based advising in partnership with the student in a way that supports learning, exploration and personal development. Whether you are an incoming freshman, transfer student, graduate student, or prospective applicant, we offer a personalized and holistic approach to educational planning that encourages exploration, dispels myths and rumors, and promotes progress towards degree attainment. We strive to create an inclusive, student-centered and culturally sensitive environment that promotes social justice and equity.
We can help you:
- Understand policies and procedures maintained by the School, College of Letters & Science, Graduate Division, and other campus units.
- Connect to campus resources and enrichment opportunities that broaden awareness and increase experiential learning.
- Find or create opportunities for community with your student peers, staff, and faculty.
- Problem-solve for barriers that you may be facing that are hindering academic success and/or personal growth.
- Develop short-term and long-term professional and educational goals through one-on-one and group advising opportunities.