Why Choose Berkeley?
- Explore Berkeley Graduate Admissions to learn more about graduate study at Berkeley and minimum requirements for admission.
- Get a feel for the type of work and classes you would be taking here! Explore Berkeley graduate courses online in the Berkeley Academic Guide.
Explore Berkeley Social Welfare!
Consider Financial Aspects of Graduate School
- Begin planning for any needed financial assistance arrangements as far in advance of anticipated enrollment as possible.
- Read our guide to Financing Your Graduate Degree to check out tuition and required fee information, along with the variety of support resources available to Berkeley Social Welfare graduate students.
Prepare Required Application Materials
Submit Online Application for Admission
- Give yourself plenty of time to complete and review your application a few days ahead of the submission deadline. You do not want to wait until the last minute to submit an online application. Allow plenty of time for any unforeseen technical issues with submitting your application, including processing your application fee payment.
- Upload transcripts from ALL college-level coursework undertaken to the "Academic History" page of your application. Ensure all transcripts display with proper page orientation.
- Provide contact information for three recommenders: one academic and two professional.
- Upload a résumé/CV highlighting your relevant social work experience to the “Supporting Materials” section of online application.
- Upload Statement of Purpose and Personal History Statement.
- If applying for Child Welfare Scholars, upload stipend program supplemental application to your online admissions application.
- Provide payment information for the non-refundable application fee.
- Click the "Submit Application" button when you are ready to submit your application.