Frequently Asked Questions - Child Welfare Scholars

Child Welfare Scholars

What is the required work commitment after graduation for Child Welfare Scholars?

Upon graduation, full-or part-time students must work in a county child welfare services agency, Tribal agency, or the California Department of Social Services (CDSS) Child Welfare Division for a period of two years. Students must obtain full-time employment at a California county child welfare agency within one year of graduation.

A student who is employed in a county or the state Department of Social Services, Tribal agency, or Child Welfare Division must return to that agency and render two years of continuous and satisfactory full-time employment at a level appropriate to a new MSW in public child welfare.