Social Welfare Summer 2022 Graduate Fellowships
Berkeley Social Welfare is delighted to announce our Summer Graduate Fellowship Program for 2022! Please review the program information below for details and instructions on how to apply.
The application deadline is Thursday, March 31, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. PST. No late applications will be accepted or considered. Summer fellowship awards will be announced in early April.
- Summer 2022 Graduate Fellowship award amounts range between $2,500 - $5,000, depending on funding availability; current financial aid status; degree program; and intended academic and professional plans for 2022 Summer Sessions.
- Upon acceptance of an award, recipients may elect to have a Summer Fellowship applied towards summer tuition and fees, or disbursed as a one-time cash stipend payment (disbursed in late May). Preference is indicated in the acceptance form included with a Notice of Fellowship Award (sent in early April).
- Preference for Summer Fellowships may be given to students not receiving any additional forms of summer support (such as academic student appointments, stipend program awards, or other fellowships).
- All Social Welfare graduate students in good academic standing are eligible to apply for Summer Fellowships.
- Students must have an Expected Graduation Term (aka "EGT") of Summer 2022 or later to be eligible for a Summer Fellowship. Students graduating in Spring 2022 are not eligible.
- For MSW students (any degree track):
Enrollment in Berkeley Summer Sessions units IS REQUIRED in order to receive a Summer Fellowship.
- For PhD students (including Combined MSW/PhD):
Enrollment in Berkeley Summer Sessions units is not required, but you must be planning to remain in the Bay Area for the summer, working on your qualifying paper, or preparing for QE or dissertation.
How to Apply
- Submit the online Summer 2022 Social Welfare Departmental Fellowship Application by Thursday, March 31, 2022. No late applications will be considered.
- You must be signed into your "@berkeley.edu" email address in order to access the online application.
- You will be asked to briefly describe your academic or professional plans for this summer, including any classes you are expecting to take in 2022 Berkeley Summer Sessions.