Tuition and Fees
Tuition and fees are assessed each semester by the Office of the Registrar.
- Current Fee Schedule [Registrar]
- Payment Options [Student Billing Services]
- Residency for Tuition Purposes [Registrar]
- Student Health Insurance Information [University Health Services]
Undergraduate Financial Aid
- For information about and to apply for UC and Berkeley financial aid for undergraduate students, please visit the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office.
- For additional scholarship opportunities, search the UC Berkeley Scholarship Connection.
- For undergraduate research fellowship opportunities, explore the Office of Undergraduate Research and Scholarships (OURS) Database.
- Social Welfare BASW majors are also eligible for certain Annual Achievement Awards and Prizes.
Graduate Student Funding
Each year Berkeley Social Welfare directly awards or administers approximately two million dollars in support to graduate students through fellowships, grants-in-aid, and stipend-based training programs. Most graduate students also easily qualify for federal student aid. At Berkeley, 90% of all graduate students receive some form of financial support (including loans).
Click on the links below to explore the variety of financial support opportunities available throughout your graduate career:
- Achievement Awards and Prizes
These annual cash awards recognizing student achievement and distinction are presented each spring semester at the annual Haviland Scholars Day Awards and Recognition ceremony.
- Child Welfare Training Fellowships
Stipend-based training program for MSW students pursuing a career in public child welfare.
- Departmental Graduate Fellowships
Departmental graduate fellowships are open to all Berkeley Social Welfare graduate students.
- Doctoral Student Support
Information about and resources for doctoral student funding.
- Extramural Awards
Extramural awards are made from a variety of outside funding sources, including government agencies; professional and alumni organizations; private foundations; and corporations. Many Berkeley Social Welfare students have been successful at securing extramural funding through additional university, public, and privately-sponsored fellowships.
- Field-based Stipend Programs for MSW Students
Stipend-based training programs provide support for eligible MSW students in certain fields of study. Some field-based stipend programs are offered in exchange for a contractually obligated, post-graduation employment commitment for a specified time period.
- Financial Aid: Student Loan and Work-Study Programs
Information on eligibility and applying for federal student aid; loan forgiveness programs; short-term emergency loans; and Work-Study programs.
- Funding Sources for the Social Sciences
Resources from the Social Research Library to search for fellowships and funding sources for research in the social sciences.
- Graduate Division Fellowships and Awards
Graduate fellowship programs administered by UC Berkeley Graduate Division.
- Graduate Student Academic Employment
Information about graduate student academic appointments.
- Professional Development Awards
Support for graduate students presenting at conferences, or participating in a professional development activity.
- Support for Student Parents
Programs, resources and services for graduate student parents with family care obligations.