The Social Welfare Graduate Minority Student Fellowship was established by alumni, faculty, staff and friends of the School to support underrepresented minority students.
2022-23 Social Welfare Graduate Minority Student Fellowship Award
For the 2022-23 academic year, the Social Welfare Graduate Minority Student Fellowship will provide a total of $4,000 in financial support, consisting of
- A $3,000 credit towards payment of tuition and fees ($1,500 each semester for Fall and Spring).
- a $1,000 cash stipend ($500 each semester for Fall and Spring).
Preference may be given to students who have not received as much funding from the department as other students in the department.
Awards will be announced by June 1, 2022.
To be eligible to apply for this fellowship, students must meet all of the following requirements:
- Must be a current MSW student in good academic standing.
- Must have an Expected Graduation Term of Spring 2023. Students graduating in Fall 2022, or Summer 2023 or later, are not eligible.
How to Apply
Complete the online 2022-23 Social Welfare Departmental Graduate Fellowship Application (Google Form) by 5:00 p.m. on the application deadline. No late applications will be accepted or considered.
Friday, May 13, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Time)
- You must be signed into your @berkeley.edu email address to access the online application form.
- This fellowship application requires an applicant Statement of Interest and Need:
Please upload to your online application form a brief statement (no more than three (3) typed, double-spaced pages; Document or PDF file formats only) describing:
- your personal and professional interests, experiences, and anticipated career goals
- and any unique financial situations and/or hardships that may help us better understand your financial need. Any information provided will be used only for SSW fellowship consideration.
- This fellowship application requires a current résumé/CV:
Please upload a Document or PDF file of your current résumé or Curriculum Vitae to the online application form.