The Center has been established to undertake transformative, innovative research in the areas of health and social welfare, especially for vulnerable populations. The long-term vision for the Center is to pursue a range of topics from basic to applied research, and to translate research into policy and practice. The Center is envisioned as a big data research hub for world-class University of California and Chinese researchers, and eventually engaging academic researchers from around the globe.
The initial focus of the GBIC research team is to:
- Conduct an environmental scan of available data sets in Guizhou Province and from comparable government sources;
- Assemble innovative scientific methods and instruments to address service needs and use;
- Create a road map for data analytic research that can have international impact; and
- Develop a state-of-the-art platform for Chinese, US, and international researchers and industry to conduct big data research.
- Enhancing Social Care of Older Adults
- Improving Educational Performance and Well-Being among School-Age Children