Educating with Courage:
Key Steps for Meaningful Action amidst Crisis
Audience | PreK-12 educators, teachers, paraprofessionals, support staff, administrators, district leaders, youth workers and researchers
- Six brief lessons addressing key steps for meaningful action
- Interviews highlighting perspectives from school staff, teachers, and administrators
- Self-Assessment with linked follow-up resources
- Next step activities and organizers for initiating and sustaining action for yourself, within the classroom, and with colleagues
Course Context | The needs, urgency, stress, and uncertainty can be overwhelming right now.
- Learning new technology, redesigning curriculum to scaffold and bridge lost instructional time
- Figuring out how to structure classes for physical safety or ensure students have access to computers and wifi
- Making collective plans to confront and shift anti-Blackness and white-body supremacy manifesting in their institutions and in themselves
- Partnering with families and students to do needs assessments and set up mutual aid, and so many other important tasks
All of this is vital. And there are so many resources to turn to right now that tackle all the different things educators can be doing – many of them with their own personalized goals for what is important to learn and how quickly.