The Hutto-Patterson Fellowship in School Social Work is awarded to a student in the School Social Work Credential Program who demonstrates both merit and need.
The Hutto-Patterson Fellowship was established in 2010 through a gift from the Hutto Patterson Charitable Foundation at the direction of Catherine Hutto Gordon, president and trustee of the Hutto Patterson Charitable Foundation and a Berkeley alumna.
2021-22 Hutto-Patterson School Social Work Fellowship Award
For the 2021-22 academic year, the Hutto-Patterson Fellowship in School Social Work will provide a total of $7,500 in financial support, consisting of:
- A $6,000 credit towards tuition and fees ($3,000 each semester for Fall 2021 and Spring 2022).
- A $1,500 cash stipend ($750 each semester for Fall 2021 and Spring 2022).
Awards will be announced by May 15, 2021.
To be eligible to apply for this fellowship, students must meet all of the following requirements:
- Must be a current MSW student in good academic standing.
- Must have an Expected Graduation Term of Spring 2022. Students graduating in Fall 2021, or Summer 2022 or later, are not eligible.
- Must have submitted the online PPSC Declaration and Documentation Form to declare their intent to pursue the Pupil Personnel Services Credential in School Social Work (PPS/SSW), including uploading the required PPSC Goal Statement.
How to Apply
April 15, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Time)
- You must be signed into your @berkeley.edu email address to access the online application form.
- This fellowship application requires an applicant Statement of Interest and Need:
Please upload to your online application form a brief statement (no more than three (3) typed, double-spaced pages; Document or PDF file formats only) describing:
- your personal and professional interests in school social work;
- your anticipated career goals as a school social worker; and,
- experiences that demonstrate your commitment to serving disadvantaged or marginalized individuals in school settings.
- any unique financial situations and/or hardships that may help us better understand your financial need. Any information provided will be used only for SSW fellowship consideration.
- This fellowship application requires a current résumé/CV:
Please upload a Document or PDF file of your current résumé or Curriculum Vitae to the online application form.