For academic questions and instructional support, please visit Instructor Information and Resources.
Berkeley Regional Services
The School of Social Welfare is served by the Berkeley Regional Services Professional Schools (ProS) Region. For a current list of service and support contacts, and links to more resources in each service area supported by Pros, please visit:
- ProS Region Human Resources and Academic Personnel Support
- ProS Region Purchasing and Reimbursements
- ProS Region Research Administration
Computing and Information Technology
Campus-wide information technology (IT) services and support are provided by the nine units that comprise Technology @ Berkeley.
- See the IT Service Catalog
- Submit a Service Now IT Request ticket
- For more information about student information systems (SIS) and technology for teaching and learning, please visit our Instructor Information and Resources for page.
The recommended option for IT/computer support is to call the IT CS help desk.
IT CS support can be reached at 510-664-9000, option 1 (this is 4-9000 from a campus line). IT CS phone support technicians are very helpful and can work with you by even accessing the machine you are working on directly (with your approval, of course). If they are not able to resolve the issue, they will create and forward the ticket to the appropriate group. This also helps speed up the process over the standard email-to-ticket-creation method.
Alternatively, you can submit a Service Now IT Request ticket. Average response time is 3 days.
Equipment & Software
Events, Facilities and Space
Events & Event Management
For information about Berkeley Social Welfare events or event support, contact the designated event planners by program area:
- Dean's Events/Fundraising Events: Lia Swindle
- SSW Instructional/Research Events: SWEVENTS
- Student Services Events: Joshua Dullaghan
- Field Education Events: Lissette Flores
Event Requests and Resources
We aim to have all of our events listed on the Master Calendar. To request event calendaring or support, please email one of the above contacts at least two months in advance. Before submitting a request, please visit the Master Calendar for a list of previously scheduled events to prevent double booking.
Haviland Hall Facilities Use & Reservations
Space in Haviland Hall can be reserved for faculty, staff, student, and organizational use through the School of Social Welfare. These facilities are generally available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Classroom space is only typically available during the summer.
For School of Social Welfare faculty, staff and Ph.D. students, rooms in Haviland can now be requested directly from Google Calendar (bCal). You will receive an email notification when the room request is approved or denied. For detailed instructions, please visit Requesting Space in Haviland Hall for Faculty, Staff, and Doctoral Students.
For non-PhD student and organizational room reservations or anyone requesting Haviland Commons, space can be reserved by completing the Haviland Hall Facilities Reservation Request Form.
Please note that there are facilities and room rental fees for all groups and department-organized events that are not affiliated with the School of Social Welfare.
- For information and guidelines on reserving space: Haviland Hall Facilities Reservations & Rentals Guidelines
- To make a space reservation: Haviland Hall Facilities Reservation Request Form
- To request audio/visual equipment: A/V Equipment Reservation Request Form
- For directions to Haviland Hall, classroom use policies, and emergency procedures, please also visit About: Haviland Hall
Please contact the Front Desk if you have any questions.
Finance and Purchasing
- Entertainment Guidelines
- Entertainment Reimbursement Claim Form
- Entertainment Purchase (payment to venue/caterer) Form
Please submit all entertainment claim/reimbursement forms to the Social Welfare Front Desk.
Honoraria, Gifts & Awards
Purchasing & Reimbursement
- How-to Info: Purchasing Goods or Requesting Reimbursements
- How-to Info: Purchasing Services, Independent Contractors and Consultants
For assistance with purchasing or reimbursements, please contact the Social Welfare Front Desk.
Human Resources and Hiring
Academic Personnel (Faculty & Instructors)
Faculty Salary Research Exchange Program (FSREP)
Pre- and Post-Award Support
Primary video conferencing options on campus include Google Hangouts Meet and Zoom. For detailed information please visit our Zoom Videoconferencing page.