- Tina Sacks, PhD, Principal Investigator
- Nutrition Policy Institute
- California Department of Social Services
- California Association of Food Banks
- Maria Echaveste, UC Berkeley, Law
- G. Cristina Mora, UC Berkeley, Sociology
- Elizabeth Katz, University of San Francisco, Economics
A $50,000 grant from the Berkeley Food Institute will fund the mixed methods study, "Gender Dynamics and SNAP/CalFresh Enrollment among Immigrant Households in California."
The study will explore women's reports that they are dissuaded from enrolling in SNAP by their male partners who may fear engagement with state-sponsored programs.
Assistant Professor Tina Sacks is the principal investigator of a multi-disciplinary team of researchers including colleagues from the Nutrition Policy Institute, the California Department of Social Services and the California Association of Food Banks. Maria Echaveste (Law School) G. Cristina Mora (Sociology) and Elizabeth Katz (Economics, University of San Francisco) are also collaborating on the project.
Berkeley Food Institute